Come and trial 7 days of unlimited classes to see if we are a good fit for you!
Live Life on The Vegetables
The simplest and easiest way to make sure you’re consuming enough micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), is to EAT A RAINBOW and it will also enhance the diversity of your gut microbiome.
Contained within the different colour pigments of fruits and vegetables, are an array of vitamins and minerals. By making sure that you are eating a rainbow across every meal, you are ensuring that you are eating from the full spectrum of vitamins and minerals.
Eating the rainbow…
- Red (tomatoes, red capsicum, strawberries watermelon etc) are full of the powerful antioxidant called lycopene, which can help reduce the risk of cancer and keep our hearts healthy
- Purple/blue fruits and vegetables (blueberries, red cabbage, beetroot etc) contain anthocyanin which is an antioxidant that can protect cells from damage and help reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease
- Orange/yellow (carrots, squash, peaches, pumpkin etc) contain carotenoids which can improve eye health
- Green vegetables contain a range of phytochemicals which have anti-cancer qualities
- Brown/white (bananas, potatoes, garlic etc) contain a range of phytochemicals which are great for antiviral and antibacterial properties
Eating a rainbow is a really fun and easy way of making sure your plate is packed full of goodness!